Statement Policy No. TIAC PS 003
What is your personal information?
The term “personal information” has the meaning given to it in the Act. In general terms, it is any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, place of work and profession or occupation. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Contact information including name; mailing or street address; email address, telephone number, age or birth date, occupation, place of work/employment, driver’s licence or other means of verification of identity and photographs or images.
- Details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website/s or indirectly through the use of our website/s or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website. The personal information is collected as it is reasonably necessary for one or more of The Imperial at Clifton functions or activities or is directly related to the functions or activities of the venue.
How do we collect your personal information?
We may collect your personal information in the following ways; including:
- During conversations between you and our representatives.
- When you complete a purchase or make a booking.
- When you book to use the Imperial Express and additionally use the Imperial Express tracking service.
- When you enter a competition or promotion or sign up for or enter into a mailing subscription or other electronic services.
- Through your access and use of our website/s or indirectly through your online presence. This may include your IP address which will enable us to correlate that information with our membership database.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by Third Parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to other websites or the privacy practices of any Third Party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any Third Party website. Third Party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
We take no responsibility for nor do we accept any liability in respect of your use of any Third Party website or links to websites operated by Third Parties.
How do we store your personal information?
Purposes for collection and use of personal information
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you including promotions and benefits;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
- for the administrative, marketing and direct marketing, planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of the Company, its related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our contractors, service providers or other third parties.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants (Third Party). We will endeavour to ensure that the Third Party will keep your personal information confidential and secure;
- relevant authorities if we reasonably believe that there is a threat to an individual’s life, health or safety or public health or safety or to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country.
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your consent.
As a consequence of your use of the website and the provision of your personal information, you will or are likely to receive direct marketing communications from The Imperial at Clifton or Third Parties.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications you should contact The Imperial at Clifton to request that they cease.
The Imperial at Clifton does not intend to disclose personal information to any overseas recipient.
The Imperial at Clifton has determined that it is impracticable to deal with individuals who have not identified themselves as required or who use a pseudonym.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider this request and when you have provided conclusive evidence of any error or inaccuracy, we will change the information which requires amendment. We will let you know if we decide that we cannot change the personal information.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
Your complaint about breaches of privacy must be made in writing, so we can be sure about the details of the complaint. We will then inform you whether we will conduct an investigation, the name, title, and contact details of the investigating officer and the estimated completion date for the investigation process. After we have completed our enquiries, we will contact you to advise the outcome and invite a response to our conclusions about the complaint.
Please write or email any enquiry to The Imperial at Clifton Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to respond within 14 days of receipt.
The Imperial at Clifton
315 Lawrence Hargrave Drive